Pages

Sunday, December 13, 2009

god only knows what i'd be without you

Whoooo long absence here...! As always the case, I had to take time away in order to study for my exams which THANKFULLY, THANKFULLY, BLESS THE LORD I SURVIVED-ly is OVER. The exam was on friday and the time I spent since then till now has just been... the most fun ever. :) I know some people who get quoted in those 'words of wisdom' books often say stuff like you need to get through hardship before you can truly taste the sweetness of success or something to that extent. Normally I'd just scoff and say, give me life without the hardship please! I don't really need to know how incredible freedom/success is as long as I lead a blissfully ignorant and uneventful life. But times like these when I do sort of think there might be a shred of truth to that statement... ;) it just feels sooo good. To not have to dread waking up in the morning to a full day of studying.

Photobucket

(Yummy yummy Strawberry Cheesecake from a Japanese fusion food restaurant called Sun with Moon at Wheelock Place. I had a really nice chat with my former Japanese teacher who'll be going back to Japan soon and I actually managed to conduct a conversation with her in Japanese that lasted all the way through lunch. She's just good at understanding her students' broken Japanese.)

As always, Ikea is just lovely and even more so now at Christmas!!! Had meatballs, ice cream, fruit and shrimp salad (all Ikea staples) and tried searching the store for Christmas decorations but surprisingly they didn't have a 'tree trims' section...I did buy some cinammon-scented candles though which remind me so much of Seattle. :)

Photobucket
(Heh well I couldn't help but snigger)


Photobucket

I'm so excited for Christmas. :) I love love love love love Christmas. It's my absolute favorite time of the year. I love everything about it... the presents, beautiful wrapping paper, gorgeous shiny decorations, the feeling of people going out and about meeting up/shopping/just getting a whole lot livelier... I could go on and on about this. But i'll save it for another post.

(I'd LOVE to hear what everyone's got in store for Christmas though!)

Yayy to another night of restful sleep. It doesn't get better than this.

P.S. Oh noooo that terrible Miley Cyrus song, "Party in the U.S.A" is just stuck in my head because I heard it in the store. How could it have been top on the U.S. Billboard charts???? UGH.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the comment! I love love your blog. And I love Christmas too (Love Actually = perfect Christmas movie)! And I totally understand what you were saying about waking up and dreading the day's work and then when all of it is finally done you feel relieved and happy. And Ikea is the greatest.

    Again, thank you for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only had meatballs & lingonberry jam at Ikea, not fruit&shrimp salad or ice cream.. they sound delicious!

    Yay for finals being done! I just finished finals recently myself.

    Delicious strawberry cheesecake *__*

    Beautiful pictures.

    I love the holidays too!! :) Just the spirit & being with people you love. Even more so now that I live away from home so going home is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, Lynnette, your comment was so sweet! I <3ed it! Congrats on finishing your exams in one piece ;) It must feel great to have that weight off your shoulders.

    I love these photos. Can you believe I've never been to an Ikea before? There aren't any close by :( That's probably a good thing though. I have that feeling I'd like it too much and would have a hard time keeping my wallet closed.

    I looove Christmas, too! Our plans aren't really solidified yet, but I'm still looking forward to it no matter what :)

    I think you'd really like the Anne of Green Gables and Emily of New Moon series. They really are such sweet books. Oh my, I read tons of Sweet Valley and The Babysitters Club, too. Hehe.

    Yay, I'm glad you're liking the Orbit gum. I'll be sure to include some more next time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm getting excited for christmas tooooo

    ReplyDelete
  5. That song always reminds me of Love Actually. Funny, my flatmate and I watched Love Actually on the weekend. The little boy is too cute, especially when he's like 'let's get the shit kicked out of us by love' or something along those lines. Awesome film.

    I've never been a big Christmas fan before, probably because it seems so fake having 'fake' snow, santa hats and lights etc when it's 36 degrees outside. Also, working at Starbucks over the Christmas period made me want to destroy Rudolph. But here it's less commercial and it's actually cold! Feels like real Christmas. I'll be in Bruges, Belgium for christmas this year, trying to distract myself from the fact I'm not with my family. Hopefully it'll snow and I'll get to have my first white Christmas :)

    Congrats on getting through the exam period. Isn't it the weirdest feeling when you have nothing you should be doing. I still feel guilty for wasting time online even though there's not study to be done. Although, I guess I could brush up on Spanish verbs. Blah.

    That Christmas tree is so pretty and classy. Puts mine to shame.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love love love christmas :) i'm not usually such a huge fan but this year it seems to have hit me harder. maybe it's cos i'm greeted with the prospect that i'll actually be in NY this year for xmas! :D hehe. your xmas tree looks sooo pretttyyy. reminds me of my house and how we have a ginormous xmas tree up too.

    omg tell me about that stupid miley song. it keeps playing on american radio =S

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! :D I'll definitely get back to you~