Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2011

A New Project

Wow everytime I blog, I'm always starting off with the same line -- "It's been a long time"! But it's true. Lately, I've been spending more time developing a new blog of mine :)


Photobucket

I thought about the idea for this new blog a couple of months back, when I realized that I was not appreciating enough the things that I had in my life. I suppose all of us have gone through periods of 'unwell'. And by that, I don't mean illness, but more of a state of mind that was anything but happy or content. I read somewhere that every moment we spend feeling angry, upset, frustrated, jealous, sad or ungrateful in life is a moment that we could have spent happy. It really struck a chord with me because there are times (oh, so many) when I succumb to those feelings as well but at the end of the day, when I think about things, I always come back to the same point - that I have so much to be thankful for and there's no reason why I should be anything but happy. Happiness is not just a feeling; it's a state of mind and a conscious choice on our part that we can choose to make every second of every day. I know that like most things in life, it's easier said than done. But being aware of this choice that we have is the first step towards actively changing our perspective of things in life. I suppose nothing sums it up better than this quote -- "The happiest people don't have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have".

So really, this blog is my attempt at rediscovering and reinforce in my mind, the things that I love in life but all too often, forget to appreciate. It's a blog about photography, about food, about places in Singapore, about my travels, about design, fashion, family and friends; all the things that I love in life and that inspire me. It's a platform for me to share the things that I love and enjoy in life and for me to constantly remind myself about the happiness that can be found in the everyday bits and bobs.

Do check it out! :) I hope you'll find something you enjoy reading here and that just maybe, it'll inspire you to look to the areas in your life to improve your own well-being.

In the meantime, I'm still continuing to post stuff on this blog too. Might be a little slow, but I'm still here. Thanks for reading and I love hearing from you.

4 comments:

  1. what a wonderful idea to create a new blog about :) i'll definitely go check "the wellness project" whenever i feel low!
    i liked all those post, specially the gum wall one. "gum on a wall is art" <3

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynnette!
    I've been thinking about writing to you on Facebook because i'd like to know if you received a postcard i sent... it was about 2 weeks ago or even 3 weeks and i don't know if it has reached you already..
    As it comes to your new blog, i LOVE it! i've left a small comment there too :)
    Take care! And am looking forward to hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new blog seems quite interesting! Going to check it out later today ^^ Hope that you've been having a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw I hope you do update again soon! I just found your blog and found it so lovely - but was disheartened to hear the whole "it's been a long time" thing... Anyways, love your pictures.. hopefully I'll see more soon ;)

    xoxo
    http://sillyhungry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! :D I'll definitely get back to you~